Before the Test
- Check out CollegeBoard's Practice page.
- Gather all your completed SAT Practice Tests into ONE pile.
- Arrange the tests from oldest to the most recent test taken (so you can track your progress)
- Review a completed test every evening before the Night Before the SAT Test (20-45 min).
- Look-up any difficult vocabulary.
- Note the trigger words in the Sentence completion Questions.
- Note how you used POE (Process of Elimination) to get the right answers in the short, long, dual passage sections.
- Analyze your wrong answers, and adjust your POE (ex. did you consistently choose the 2nd best choice on inference or EXCEPT questions).
- Review the FIST OF NO ERROR for the Writing section and mentally check off the selections (S/V, Tense, Prononous, Adj/Adv, Diction, Misplaced Metaphors, Parallelism, Conjunctions) as you review the wrong answers.
- Compare the errors made in the Paragraph Improvement section and your own essay: Transtions? Sentences out of sequence? Too much/too little concrete detail? Delete extraneous info? etc, etc, etc...
Need more help? Check out....
- Check out SAT | Khan Academy https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/sat
- Re-read NYTimes The Choice Blog: For Those Withholding SAT Scores, Advice on Completing the Common Application By Jacques Steinberg
- Re-Read: To Really Learn, Quit Studying and Take a Test By PAM BELLUCK, NYTimes
- Check out The Critical Reader SAT/ACT Study Guides and Eliza Meltzer's books: